Having A Price List


I honestly believe that in order to Meal Planning properly and save money on your Grocery Budget, you really need to have a Price List........

What's a Price List???????

A Price List is a list of items that your family normally buys and the FULL price cost of each item. The reason why this is great to have is because when that item is "On Sale", you will know if you're getting it for a Rock Bottom Price or a Not So Good Deal!!!!!


Some stores will say that an item is on sale, but just because it's in the middle of the sales paper doesn't mean that it's "On Sale". Remember when you're going through the sales paper looking for deals, always stick to the front and back of the paper.........The rest is mainly just filler!!!!!!

Alright so let's put a Price List together shall we. There's two ways you can go about this......

1) Look through all your past receipts and write down the totals

Or

2) Look the prices up online. I suggest Walmart because most of the time their prices are going to be the lowest. What I like to do is round the totals up. So if the item is $0.75....round it up to $1.00. That way you can leave room in your budget for taxes.

I keep my Price List on an Excel Spreadsheet because it's so much easier to just plug everything in so when it's time to do my grocery list, I just copy and paste. My spreadsheet totals everything up for me.......no more using a calculator and messing up my total.


Just remember to keep it simple. You honestly don't have to get fancy with it. Having this list will help you to know when it's time to stock up on an item based upon what the price is.

So start thinking about your Price List. I keep my list on my computer because I'm normally on my computer when I'm planning my grocery list, but you can also keep this in your Menu Binder.

Don't get to LIKE & SHARE and leave a comment down below if you have any questions.

*~ Cassie ~*

@livingtobudget

Comments

Popular Posts