Budget Meals......Stuffed Mexican Shells In Bulk!!!!!



Everyone knows I LOVE a good Budget Meal. The BONUS is a Budget Meals that I can also make in Bulk!!!!!

I can't take credit for it though. I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs Do It On A Dime. What I love about this recipe is that it's so easy to make and for under $20 you can have 3 separate meals. 
Here is what you will need for your Stuffed Mexican Shells:


  • 2 lbs ground beef .....or 3 lbs optional
  • 1 packet taco seasoning ......Great Value
  • 8 oz cream cheese .......Great Value
  • 1.5 boxes jumbo shells (50-60) ......Great Value
  • 2 cups taco or enchilada sauce .....1 big can &  small can
  • 2 (24oz) jars of salsa ........ Great Value....or 1 (16oz) jar
  • 2 cups shredded cheese ....... Great Value (buy more when you cook other meals)
  • sour cream .......optional
  • 3 (13x9) baking dishes .........2 will go in the freezer



**** I mainly bought the Great Value Brand to cut on cost 
& it taste just the same.....Seriously it does ****

 - Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees

 - You also want to go ahead & put a large pot of water on to boil


 - Brown your ground beef & drain. I let mine drain for at least 4 minutes. I don't like greasy food.

 - Cook your shells according to the directions

** Tip: If you put a wooden spoon over the pot, it won't boil over **

 - Cook your beef & taco seasoning according to package directions. Melt in cream cheese & set aside


 - Meanwhile, coat the bottom of your pans with salsa


 - Once your shells are cooked & drained, lay separately to cool

 - Stuff shells with meat mixture & place in each dish

** You will probably have extra shells **

 - Cover all dishes evenly with taco/enchilada sauce


 - Cover two dishes with tin foil & freeze.  I like to write the directions & date on the pan. Also any other additional ingredients I might need.


** Now you have two separate meals for those 
"I don't want to cook" or "We're BROKE" Nights!!!!! **

 - Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese over one dish

** We used the Fiesta Cheese Blend **

 - Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover & bake for 10 minutes


 - Add your toppings & you have a delicious meal. It is so filling & comforting!!!


This recipe seriously couldn't be easier. Change it up any way you want. I love cooking in bulk cause there are several nights where I want to just pop something in the oven and not think about it.

Let me know if you gave this recipe a try by leaving a comment down below.

*~ Cassie ~*







Comments

Popular Posts