MOM HACKS - Laundry Tips & Tricks



I don't know about ya'll but I hate laundry. Like I secretly 
detest laundry and everything that goes with it.

Hey everyone welcome back to Living To Budget with Cassie. If you're anything like me you hate laundry. Especially when you have 6 people living in your household laundry can seem like the evilest task. So I'm here to give you a couple tips and tricks that will make your laundry system a little bit easier.


Check out my YouTube channel for more content!!!!
Laundry Tips & Tricks Video

Quick disclaimer......this I'm not an expert but I've done laundry enough to know that you do need a system so that you don't get lost under the mountain of laundry. Be honest, you know there's been at least a few times where you've had a mountain in your house that people seem to ignore. 


#1) SORT YOUR LAUNDRY BEFORE YOU WASH

Okay. so I'm one of those people who loves to sort her laundry before she starts washing. I find that if everything is sorted then it takes less time to get started. Yes, I know we might not want to do laundry but this might make it a little easier. 

#2) HAVE A LOT OF BASKETS & HAMPERS

Having baskets and hampers throughout the house will make the sorting process quicker. In our household we have several. I keep one in my bathroom and one in my closet for the scrubs that I wear for work. My husband has a hamper for his work clothes cause honestly, I don't want to mix his nasty clothes with my work clothes...lol. I also keep baskets and hampers in the guest bathroom for the kids and my brother-in-law. I wash all the kid's clothes together.

Do I separate my darks from my whites.....ummm.....not all the time? I've really never had a problem as long as I wash the clothes on cold. 

#3) SORT LAUNDRY EVERY OTHER DAY

To make the sorting process even easier, I kept a laundry sorter in my laundry room. I take the baskets and hampers from their location and I empty them several times a week. I always sort laundry on the days that I'm not washing. This has become one of the kid's chores. 

#4) PICK UP THE LAUNDRY ONCE FOLDED

I'm secretly one of those people who doesn't mind folding laundry. I will sit down with the basket and put on a good show on Netflix. Does anyone else do that???? My issue is picking up laundry. I'm the worse one at picking up laundry. I'll get really into a show or I'll be off doing something else and just walk away. Next thing I know we're picking out the basket and it will be a week before I pick it up. I have my good and bad days like everyone else.

#5) WASH CLOTHES EVERY OTHER DAY

On the days that you wash laundry, you can either start a load in the morning or the night before and put it in the dryer before you leave for work. You can also try starting the load in the washer when you first get home in the afternoon. One thing that LOVE about my washer is that I can delay the wash. I will put a load in the washer at night and set it for 8 hours. When I get up in the morning I put it to dry. Or I will set a load to wash before I leave and it's done by the time I get home. This feature has saved me a ton of time.

#6) NO WASHING ON THE WEEKEND

I know I'm guilty of this and there are probably other people that are too. You get sidetrack during the week or you have a million things going on so you wait until the weekend to do laundry. Yes, I know been there done that. If you're actually doing loads during the week, chances are you won't have a mountain to do on the week..... the same goes for cleaning but we'll talk about that later.

So how do you do your laundry and tackle the big huge mountain that I'm pretty sure in growing in your laundry room? Leave me a comment down below so I can see your tips and tricks.

I hope you found this post helpful and don't forget to watch my YouTube channel and subscribe. I have to go tackle my mountain because it definitely got away from me this week. Hey, it happens but there's always next week.











Comments

Popular Posts